Unfortunately, as a consequence of the increase in transport costs in the different countries, Japan Post has announced that it will change the way it calculates shipping prices. Overall, unfortunately, shipping with Japan Post is becoming more expensive.
Main changes to expect:
- Overall Price increases for EMS, Airmail Standard Parcels, and Surface mail.
- The price for Airmail Standard Parcels under 10 kg will increase every 1 kg instead of every 500g.
- Zones for EMS will be unified to match Airmail zones (currently there are 4 EMS zones and 5 Airmail ones).
- Additional surcharges will apply to EMS and Airmail bound for countries of Zone 3 (Europe, Oceania, Mexico, Middle East) and Zone 4 (USA).
- You can check the details in English here:
Due to these changes, ZenMarket will be accepting payments for international shipping using the current shipping prices (“Before June 1st, 2022” Prices) until 23:59 JST, May 30. Any parcels which are not paid for by this time will automatically be reset to match Japan Post’s new pricing tier on June 1st, 1 AM JST.
To ensure every parcel is billed correctly, payments made for EMS, Surface, and Airmail Standard parcels between the 24 hours of 00:00, May 31st, and 00:00, June 1st, will be temporarily unavailable. In case this causes any extra storage fees, they will be refunded upon the customer’s request.
We apologize that Japan Post's sudden change in shipping prices may cause you some inconvenience and we will notify you as soon as there are any further changes.